Wednesday, September 8, 2010

PADKebb - Day 5

Sept 2009.  Fiestas & bangketas - one can't go without the other. 

Technically, Calbayog's fiesta is on Sept 7.  Then again, as a society, we tend to overextend celebrations so a day's delay is negligible.  Plus, the little fact that it was my grandma's birthday yesterday.  Birthdays trump fiestas.  It's just one of those hierarchies in life that you have ingrained in the back of your head.

Moving on, this is the cathedral where my parents got married and also where I was baptized.  I was baptized on Sept 10, which also happens to be my dad's birthday.  I'm fairly certain that it wasn't sheer coincidence.  It's either he was joining in on my day, or I was joining in his.  Then again since he was paying, maybe the latter one's more precise.  

Either way, I don't mind.  I hate parties, he loves them.  He can have my share of the limelight (not that it's of any relevant value) any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment